Wednesday 15 August 2012

Double chocolate Sweetie cake!


Took the cake on a trip to the yard to get a daylight view

My friend from work Ross had a birthday this week, he had asked me months ago to make him a birthday cake so I had been thinking about what to make for him. He has a very sweet tooth and is perhaps the biggest kid I know so I dreamt up this mega sweet chocolate cake.

I used a new chocolate cake recipe that used oil instead of butter, I was a bit dubious but it actually turned out quite nice, very fudgy and dense but perhaps a little synthetic tasting. It would definitely be a good recipe if you needed a cake to keep for a few days, however that wasn't the case here (in fact im not sure that it lasted more than one day with Ross...)


pre-bake

post-bake






I made a simple chocolate ganache with some dark chocolate, and then I made a white chocolate buttercream, using a simple butter cream base but then whipping in some white chocolate ganache (just white chocolate and double cream, all very healthy)






The decoration was mega simple, I just went and spent a small fortune on sweets, raided my baking cupboard for a few things I had already and piled them all on! I added a ribbon to give a bit more of a birthday cake feel.








I also covered the sweets in some sprinkles and edible glitter...not tacky at all. But Ross seemed to like it and ate several slices in one sitting...





Happy Birthday Ross!

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment